Sunday, January 6, 2008

3AM

Having a Lost in Translation experience at the moment...jet lag has gotten to me, it's after 3am and I can't sleep. When I do sleep I dream of being followed around by deaf Chinese people.

Nothing much on TV..."Braveheart" with subtitles and lots of bad overnight programming. I'd call home but for some reason the VOIP dialing I used earlier today to call Jason isn't working any more.

I'm a little anxious about going into the office tomorrow, it's like starting the new job all over again. I may treat myself to a spa night one evening, that might help me relax. The spa services are relatively inexpensive here.

One quick "Cindy Story" I forgot to mention earlier...when I was shopping in Lo Wu, if I stopped to look closely at something the shop workers would bring me a little plastic stool to sit on so I would be comfortable to stay and browse. They would insist that we sit, and I always said "no, no, it's ok, just looking." Invariably they'd get this look of understanding and stack several stools on top of one another and offer again..."here, now they won't break." I gotta take off some pounds before coming back.

That may be pretty easy actually, the fried rice was all I ate today (except for a couple of bites at the hotel club) and I'm not really hungry.

Ok, 3 more hours til my wake-up call, I'm going to see if I can sleep for any of it.

No comments: