Friday, January 11, 2008

Rockin' in the Free World!


I'm back in Hong Kong, and I can finally read my own blog!

The trip back was easy...we checked into the Renaissance in Kowloon again and I have pretty much the same view as before, only the room is smaller now...sigh...no more suites for me.

We went shopping at the "woman's market" north of here, it's an open air market that features souvenir-type stuff, bags and watches (but of course), and all kinds of other goofy junk like LED belt buckles. They haggle here too but it's less pressure and more good-natured, so it was actually more of an enjoyable experience than shopping in Lo Wu. Oh, their specialty is slutty lingerie. Sorry J, I didn't get any.















Me at the woman's market. This is the only picture taken of me alone the entire trip.

Had lunch at the most horrible Italian restaurant ever. I'd eat pig brains any time over that stuff. We did order a PITCHER of coke though, which gave us the momentum to get through the marathon afternoon of fighting crowds and sweating out last night's Hot Pot. I don't know how warm it is here, but it's more humid than the most humid day in Chicago and I can hardly make it to the lobby of the hotel before I'm soaked. But everybody here is wearing sweaters, jackets, parkas, hats...just unbelieveable.

16 hours and we'll be in the air.

No comments: