Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No, seriously...after you...

Ok I'm posting a lot today but I'm feeling a little overwhelmed work-wise and this is a good way to get my mind off of that (and the increasing heat and noise).

I'm happy to say that I'm on Day 5 of Avoiding Squatting to Pee. There are both eastern and western-style toilets here, so I haven't had to worry about that yet. (I also haven't had to worry about toilet paper, because it's been stocked everywhere, but that isn't to say it's not an issue here, because everyone's desk sports a roll of toilet paper right next to the coffee mug.)

Close call today though. After lunch I walked into the ladies' room just ahead of another girl. When I saw that the two western-style stalls were taken, I gestured for the other girl to go ahead of me. She insisted that I go first and there was an awkward couple of seconds before a western-style stall freed up and I hurried in. Whew!

No comments: