Sunday, January 13, 2008

AndI'mWaldo - Now with Picture Goodness!

Got home yesterday, a little worse for wear but safe.

The Mao's Revenge I alluded to the night before I left Hong Kong was way worse than I thought and the flight home was simply miserable. I didn't sleep at all until the last maybe 1/2 hour of the flight, I spent probably 3 hours of the flight in the bathroom (thank God I was in business class where you don't have to share with as many people) and the almost constant turbulence had me clutching the airsick bag just in case.

My condition improved measurably when I exited customs to find a beaming Jason, bouquet of flowers in one hand, waiting at the terminal to welcome me. If I wasn't so dehydrated I would have cried.

J had planned to take me out to a nice "welcome home" lunch, but there was no way I was eating anything. He took me home, bought me some saltines and gatorade, and made me some soup. I promised myself I wouldn't sleep until bedtime. That promise lasted until 2 in the afternoon, when I crashed and slept pretty much through to 8 this morning (I did get up from 3-6 and watched a bit of tv.)

I'm feeling a little better today but nowhere near 100%. I'm exhausted, probably partially because of jet lag and partially because I haven't really eaten anything significant since Thursday. The upside is I think I'm down about 10 lbs.

Anyway, more importantly, I've finally been able to add pictures to the blog, so take a look at some of the older posts where I've placed the appropriate pics.

For those of you that were following my blog, thanks for taking the trip with me and for your encouraging e-mails, the fact that I had this project during the trip really kept me from feeling homesick. I may even keep it up if I can keep it entertaining.

No comments: